Translation of beach in Spanish:
- pebble/sandy beachplaya pedregosa/de arenawe spent the day at the beachpasamos el día en la playasitting on the beachsentado en la playa(before noun) (house/party)
en la playaExample sentences
- Perhaps because of their preference for rocky shores, marine otters have never been found along the sandy beaches of the Atlantic Patagonian coasts.
- Lazy summer days are made to be spent on the gravel flats and sandy beaches along Northern California's Russian River.
- On the beach at Sandy Hook on the New Jersey shore one October there were hundreds of us assembled in the predawn hours, fishing for striped bass.
hacer embarrancarExample sentences
- The centreboards make it possible to beach the boats, trailer them and get them into very shallow water.
- When the ship was beached, the crew disappeared into the night.
- As the story goes, it was in May 1880 that five young yachtsmen beached their boat at Horseshoe Harbor in Larchmont, New York.
- The frantic battle against the clock began when locals noticed a pod of whales beached on Aughacasla Strand, on the Dingle Peninsula, at around 10 am.
- Giant whale vertebrae lie beached and bleached on the shore like prehistoric, bone propellers.
- At the time 14 beaked whales became beached on the same day that U.S. Navy destroyers where engaged in a sonar exercise.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.