Translation of beach in Spanish:
- pebble/sandy beachwe spent the day at the beachplaya pedregosa/de arenasitting on the beachpasamos el día en la playasentado en la playa(before noun) (house/party)en la playaExample sentences
- Perhaps because of their preference for rocky shores, marine otters have never been found along the sandy beaches of the Atlantic Patagonian coasts.
- Lazy summer days are made to be spent on the gravel flats and sandy beaches along Northern California's Russian River.
- On the beach at Sandy Hook on the New Jersey shore one October there were hundreds of us assembled in the predawn hours, fishing for striped bass.
- (boat)hacer encallarhacer vararhacer embarrancar(whale)hacer embarrancarExample sentences
- The centreboards make it possible to beach the boats, trailer them and get them into very shallow water.
- When the ship was beached, the crew disappeared into the night.
- As the story goes, it was in May 1880 that five young yachtsmen beached their boat at Horseshoe Harbor in Larchmont, New York.
- The frantic battle against the clock began when locals noticed a pod of whales beached on Aughacasla Strand, on the Dingle Peninsula, at around 10 am.
- Giant whale vertebrae lie beached and bleached on the shore like prehistoric, bone propellers.
- At the time 14 beaked whales became beached on the same day that U.S. Navy destroyers where engaged in a sonar exercise.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.