Translation of bead in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on necklace, bracelet) a string of beads1.2 (of rosary) to say o tell one's beads [archaic]una sarta de cuentasun collarExample sentences1.3 (drop) beads of sweat/condensation
gotas de sudor/condensaciónExample sentences
- She had green and gold beads for all us gals to put around our necks.
- Wealthy women might have a string of brightly coloured beads linking the two brooches across the chest.
- The beads, pendants, and engravings were surprisingly well-preserved.
- Sometimes, I see beads of glistening sweat dropping off her forehead.
- Their limbs ached from walking so far and beads of sweat dropped onto the ground from the scorching sun.
- Seconds later, Mel was back with a towel to wipe salty beads of liquid away from Sam's face.
- 2 (on gun)to draw a bead on somebody/somethingmira (feminine) globularapuntarle a alguien/algoExample sentences
- He was in the bathroom, he said, when he noticed the red bead of an automatic weapon's sighting trained on him.
- Rather, they decided on a single fixed-leaf rear sight with a gold bead front sight.
- It was off to Hamilton Bowen to be bead blasted and re-blued.
- 3 (on tire)Example sentences
- This is the distance between the vertical edges of the rim where the tire bead seats.
- Wetting the beads of the tire and/or the mounting surfaces in the rim is important because it makes a better seal against the rim and slides easily onto the bead seat.
- This refers to diameter of the metal ring, on which the bead of the tire rests.
- (in pass) his face was beaded with sweattenía la cara cubierta de gotas de sudorExample sentences
- She came out of the bathroom with the pictures of the training facility, then used her mini blow dryer to dry the water which beaded the surface of the prints.
- Flowers with their petals recently beaded with rain drops have a unique appeal, the very epitome of freshness.
- The answer is in the minute details of the leaf structure at the surface which beads water and directs it off the leaf, containing a load of dust and other particles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.