Translation of bead in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on necklace, bracelet) cuenta (feminine), abalorio (masculine) a string of beads una sarta de cuentas, un collar 1.2 (of rosary) cuenta (feminine) to say o tell one's beads [archaic] rezar* el rosarioExample sentences1.3 (drop) gota (feminine) beads of sweat/condensation gotas de sudor/condensación
- She had green and gold beads for all us gals to put around our necks.
- Wealthy women might have a string of brightly coloured beads linking the two brooches across the chest.
- The beads, pendants, and engravings were surprisingly well-preserved.
- Sometimes, I see beads of glistening sweat dropping off her forehead.
- Their limbs ached from walking so far and beads of sweat dropped onto the ground from the scorching sun.
- Seconds later, Mel was back with a towel to wipe salty beads of liquid away from Sam's face.
- 2 (on gun) punto (masculine) de mira, mira (feminine) globular to draw a bead on sb/sth apuntarle a algn/algoExample sentences
- He was in the bathroom, he said, when he noticed the red bead of an automatic weapon's sighting trained on him.
- Rather, they decided on a single fixed-leaf rear sight with a gold bead front sight.
- It was off to Hamilton Bowen to be bead blasted and re-blued.
- 3 (on tire) talón (masculine)Example sentences
- This is the distance between the vertical edges of the rim where the tire bead seats.
- Wetting the beads of the tire and/or the mounting surfaces in the rim is important because it makes a better seal against the rim and slides easily onto the bead seat.
- This refers to diameter of the metal ring, on which the bead of the tire rests.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the