Translation of bead in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on necklace, bracelet) a string of beadsuna sarta de cuentas
un collarExample sentences1.2 (of rosary) to say o tell one's beads [archaic] 1.3 (drop) beads of sweat/condensation
gotas de sudor/condensaciónExample sentences
- The excavators found Roman glass beads from a necklace and one gaming counter.
- He deftly picks up different objects such as glass stones, beads and white metal piping and threads it aesthetically on a black cotton thread to make a necklace.
- Local craft production included the manufacture of glass and stone beads, and extensive tin, bronze, and gold working.
- Sometimes, I see beads of glistening sweat dropping off her forehead.
- Their limbs ached from walking so far and beads of sweat dropped onto the ground from the scorching sun.
- Seconds later, Mel was back with a towel to wipe salty beads of liquid away from Sam's face.
- 2 (on gun)punto (masculine) de mirato draw a bead on somebody/something
mira (feminine) globularapuntarle a alguien/algoExample sentences
- He was in the bathroom, he said, when he noticed the red bead of an automatic weapon's sighting trained on him.
- Rather, they decided on a single fixed-leaf rear sight with a gold bead front sight.
- It was off to Hamilton Bowen to be bead blasted and re-blued.
- 3 (on tire)Example sentences
- This is the distance between the vertical edges of the rim where the tire bead seats.
- Wetting the beads of the tire and/or the mounting surfaces in the rim is important because it makes a better seal against the rim and slides easily onto the bead seat.
- This refers to diameter of the metal ring, on which the bead of the tire rests.
- (in pass) his face was beaded with sweattenía la cara cubierta de gotas de sudorExample sentences
- She came out of the bathroom with the pictures of the training facility, then used her mini blow dryer to dry the water which beaded the surface of the prints.
- Flowers with their petals recently beaded with rain drops have a unique appeal, the very epitome of freshness.
- The answer is in the minute details of the leaf structure at the surface which beads water and directs it off the leaf, containing a load of dust and other particles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.