- 1 (of bird, animal) pico (masculine)More example sentences
- New research suggests that as testosterone in male birds increases, so does the level of carotenoids, the chemicals that create the bright coloring on birds' feathers, beaks, and legs.
- Whether the flightless birds used their beaks to impale or bludgeon their prey is unknown, Chiappe says.
- As a trombone player pulls in the slide to make a higher frequency sound by reducing the volume of the tube, so does a bird open its beak and pull back its head to reduce the volume of its vocal tract.
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] [humorous/humorístico] (nose) napia(s) (feminine (plural)) [colloquial/familiar], [humorous/humorístico], naso (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar] [humorous/humorístico]