- 1 1.1 (fresh, in pod) green beanMore example sentences1.2 (dried) frijol (masculine) or (Spain/España) alubia (feminine) or judía (feminine) or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) poroto (masculine) or (Venezuela) caraota (feminine) to be full of beans [colloquial/familiar] estar* lleno de vida, rebosar energía to spill the beans descubrir* el pastel, levantar la liebre or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) la perdiz 1.3
(coffee bean)grano (masculine) (de café)
- We went to Notcutts and bought some compost since my bean seedlings are growing into triffids and need planting out ASAP.
- About half the nation's $629 million dry edible bean crop is grown in those two states and Michigan.
- There are also shell beans (lima, navy, kidney, mung, garbanzo and soya) that you can grow just for the bean seeds inside the pod.
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (scrap, trace) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) (with negative/con negativo) she told us nothing, not a bean! ¡no nos dijo ni pío! [colloquial/familiar] it isn't worth a bean no vale nada not to have a bean (British English/inglés británico) estar* pelado [colloquial/familiar], estar* sin blanca (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], andar* erizo (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar], andar* palmado (Central America/América Central) [colloquial/familiar] not to know beans about sth (American English/inglés norteamericano) no saber* ni papa de algo [colloquial/familiar] 2.2(beans plural)(money) platita (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) [colloquial/familiar], cuartos (masculine plural) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], quintos (masculine plural) (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar] 2.3 (head) (American English/inglés norteamericano) coco (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], mate (masculine) (South America/América del Sur) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
More example sentences
- Having the world's best beans doesn't mean beans unless they are roasted correctly.
- When it comes to small businesses, the net profit doesn't mean beans because the seller is doing everything possible to keep this number low to avoid taxes.
- There really isn't much to recycle in the ordinary light bulb, even the combination of glass and metal doesn't amount to beans.
More example sentences
- I don't think Selina would even bid one bean for me.
- Lio and Tracy have just spent their entire savings buying their first house and don't have a bean to spend on décor.
- I have not one bean to my name after the UK jaunt.
- You gotta use your bean to get this right so, as they say in the military, listen up.
- Every time you make a decision, take any action on your own responsibility, give and order or use your bean, you are preparing yourself for greater opportunities.
- Why doesn't Foley use his bean and draft legislation prohibiting tornadoes from entering or coming near to trailer parks?
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to