Translation of bearer in Spanish:
- 1 (of news)portador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- If there was overoptimism, to what extent was it shaped by a White House intolerant of bearers of bad tidings?
- The African tradition of killing the bearers of bad tidings has always been strong in the ANC.
- The idea of involving my wife in this little spat that they're having with me because I was the bearer of bad tidings was neither honorable or dignified, quite apart from whether it was legal or illegal.
- 2 (carrier, porter)portador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)
porteador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Then last year came his trip to Makalu: this time a much smaller expedition, just six Europeans and some Sherpas bearers.
- We hired no bearers, preferring to transport our own expedition.
- A new state law permits it, provided the bearer leaves the weapon in a locked car on the employer's property.
- 4 (holder — of check)portador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(— of passport) titular (masculine or feminine)the bearer of the titleel poseedor del título
quien ostenta el títuloExample sentences
- Bills payable to order are negotiated by indorsement and delivery: an indorsement in blank, specifying no indorsee, is payable to the bearer and negotiated by delivery.
- An installment receipt is a corporate security that represents a share held by the bearer but only partially paid for.
- The coupon entitles the bearer and up to three travel companions to a 10% discount off any published airfare.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.