Translation of bearer in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of news)portador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (carrier, porter)
portador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)porteador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3
- If there was overoptimism, to what extent was it shaped by a White House intolerant of bearers of bad tidings?
- The African tradition of killing the bearers of bad tidings has always been strong in the ANC.
- The idea of involving my wife in this little spat that they're having with me because I was the bearer of bad tidings was neither honorable or dignified, quite apart from whether it was legal or illegal.
also: pall bearer1.4 (holder — of check)portador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(— of passport)the bearer of the titleel poseedor del títuloquien ostenta el títuloExample sentences
- Then last year came his trip to Makalu: this time a much smaller expedition, just six Europeans and some Sherpas bearers.
- We hired no bearers, preferring to transport our own expedition.
- A new state law permits it, provided the bearer leaves the weapon in a locked car on the employer's property.
- Bills payable to order are negotiated by indorsement and delivery: an indorsement in blank, specifying no indorsee, is payable to the bearer and negotiated by delivery.
- An installment receipt is a corporate security that represents a share held by the bearer but only partially paid for.
- The coupon entitles the bearer and up to three travel companions to a 10% discount off any published airfare.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.