Translation of beast in Spanish:
- 1.1 (animal) beast of burdenbestia or animal (masculine) de cargaExample sentences
- These cunning warriors are trained from birth to hunt, track and trap the most dangerous beasts in the wild.
- On landing, the astronaut ‘will be able to deal with wild beasts, sharks and other dangerous animals or enemies’, the website reported.
- In Dawson, White Fang becomes an attraction, and people come to see the wild beast in the cage.
Example sentences1.2 (creation, thing) See examples: it's in the nature of the beast that it's complicated
- A few years ago he'd often spot the wooly beasts on a neighbouring farm with huge sores on their backsides, weak and hardly able to stand.
- Under the fire of the sun, the world became green, the crops grew tall and strong, and the beasts of farm and field have grown fat and strong.
- The huge antler spikes were within a few yards of her, and in a flash of numbing fear she remembered Mortimer's warning, to beware of horned beasts on the farm.
1.3 (unkind person) (British English) [colloquial]don't be such a beast!es un asunto ( or un problema etc) complicado por naturaleza1.4 (sexually aggressive man)¡no seas malo or asqueroso! [colloquial](American English) [colloquial]Example sentences1.5 (something unpleasant) (British English) [colloquial]filing is a beast of a job
- If that was true, then these business people must be beasts in human form!
- According to him, the second category of people, which did not contribute to science and knowledge, are more like beasts than human beings.
- For Overton the line between human and beasts was rather unclear.
archivar es un trabajo odioso
- I have been the cruelest of beasts, lying to you and all.
- I also have nothing but praise for the police and law enforcement team - they did a great job and I am glad we have more tools such as DNA testing for catching and convicting sex beasts.
- That sentence was increased after the intervention of the Home Secretary, who instead insisted on a whole life tariff for the sex beast.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.