Translation of beast in Spanish:
- 1.1 (animal) bestia (feminine), fiera (feminine) beast of burden bestia or animal (masculine) de cargaExample sentences
- These cunning warriors are trained from birth to hunt, track and trap the most dangerous beasts in the wild.
- On landing, the astronaut ‘will be able to deal with wild beasts, sharks and other dangerous animals or enemies’, the website reported.
- In Dawson, White Fang becomes an attraction, and people come to see the wild beast in the cage.
Example sentences1.2 (creation, thing) it's in the nature of the beast that it's complicated es un asunto ( or un problema etc) complicado por naturaleza 1.3 (unkind person) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] don't be such a beast! ¡no seas malo or asqueroso! [colloquial/familiar] 1.4 (sexually aggressive man) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], fiera (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
- A few years ago he'd often spot the wooly beasts on a neighbouring farm with huge sores on their backsides, weak and hardly able to stand.
- Under the fire of the sun, the world became green, the crops grew tall and strong, and the beasts of farm and field have grown fat and strong.
- The huge antler spikes were within a few yards of her, and in a flash of numbing fear she remembered Mortimer's warning, to beware of horned beasts on the farm.
- If that was true, then these business people must be beasts in human form!
- According to him, the second category of people, which did not contribute to science and knowledge, are more like beasts than human beings.
- For Overton the line between human and beasts was rather unclear.
- I have been the cruelest of beasts, lying to you and all.
- I also have nothing but praise for the police and law enforcement team - they did a great job and I am glad we have more tools such as DNA testing for catching and convicting sex beasts.
- That sentence was increased after the intervention of the Home Secretary, who instead insisted on a whole life tariff for the sex beast.
Example sentences1.5 (sth unpleasant) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] filing is a beast of a job archivar es un trabajo odioso
- He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
- Ringing in his ears will be his father's warning ‘not to make a beast of yourself’.
- Where a beautiful, intelligent young woman once stood was a beast of death and heartlessness.
- He still had a mysterious air about him and I was afraid of the possessive beast that lurked just below the surface.
- Unknown to the vast majority of urban-dwelling Scots, this magnificent beast is the subject of one of the most bitter controversies ever to affect wildlife in this country.
- But he was able to make an incredible impact through the sheer force of his intellect, which made him - even on the backbenches - a big political beast.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.