- 1 countable/numerable [Zoology/Zoología] castor (masculine) to be an eager beaver ser* muy entusiasta y trabajador to work like a beaver trabajar como una hormiguita [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- The Rodentia also includes beavers, muskrats, porcupines, woodchucks, chipmunks, squirrels, prairie dogs, marmots, chinchillas, voles, lemmings, and many others.
- This slow-moving creature is Canada's largest rodent next to the beaver.
- For all the interest in leopards, Waser thinks philopatry may turn out to be more common in species such as beavers, wood rats and kangaroo rats-animals in which females make large investments in their ranges.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (fur) piel (feminine) de castorMore example sentences
- Also on the program that night were the Marshall Dancers from the Lower Yukon, dressed in sumptuous headdresses that were trimmed with wolf and beaver fur.
- The biggest difference was that New Netherland and its port town were together principally a trading colony, buying beaver and other fur skins from the Indians to sell at a profit in Europe.
- There were six different furs to choose from including brown and grey Persian lamb, and beaver.