Translation of become in Spanish:
- to become arrogant/distantvolverse arrogante/distanteto become famous/well-knownhacerse famoso/conocidoto become accustomed to somethingacostumbrarse a algoshe soon became bored/tired/disillusionedpronto se aburrió/se cansó/se decepcionóeating out has become so expensivecomer fuera se ha puesto carísimothe heat became unbearableel calor se hizo or se volvió insoportableif the work becomes too much for you …si el trabajo se te hace demasiado pesado …his letters became fewercada vez escribía menoshe became increasingly withdrawnse encerró cada vez más en sí mismoto become a lawyer/a priest/a protestanthacerse abogado/sacerdote/protestantehe was later to become managermás tarde llegaría a ser gerentethey became friendsse hicieron amigosthe two states became onelos dos estados se convirtieron en unoshe's becoming a nuisancese está poniendo muy fastidiosawhen she became Presidentcuando asumió la presidenciadon't let it become a habit!¡que no se convierta en una costumbre!Example sentences
- After several listens, however, a rare aesthetic begins to become clear.
- The edges of the job are beginning to become clear, and it's all terribly exciting.
- As the picture begins, it soon becomes clear that Lee is offering more than a mere recounting of generic forms.
- 1.1 (befit) [formal] (often neg)ser apropiado parait ill becomes her to criticizemal puede ella criticar1.2 (suit) that style doesn't become you at allese estilo no te sienta nada bien or no te favorece en absolutoExample sentences
- In her monastic habit she looked coarse and overblown: the severe lines and sober tints of the dress did not become her.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.