Translation of bee in Spanish:
- 1 (Zoology) to keep beescriar abejasas busy as a beethey've been as busy as bees, getting the dinner ready
dedicarse a la apiculturahan estado atareadísimos, preparando la cenayou have been a busy little bee, haven't you?¡cómo has trabajado!like bees around a honey pot [colloquial]como moscas en la mielto have a bee in one's bonnet about something [colloquial]tener monomanía con algoto think one is the bee's knees [colloquial]
tener algo metido entre ceja y cejacreerse lo máximo or el no va más [colloquial]Example sentences
- Even accounting for native bee pollinators, honeybees still do most of the pollinating of fruits and vegetables in your garden.
- As with any type of wasp, bee, or yellow jacket, please exercise care to avoid getting stung!
- Of all the types of bees, honeybees have several advantages as pollinators.
- It's an example of self-organizing cooperative behavior, and it's found among ants, bees, and other social insects.
- So that touching and feeling is a shared characteristic between honey bees and stingless bees.
- There are over 30,000 species of bees and in most of them the bees live solitary lives.
- 2 (social gathering) (esp US)Example sentences
- There will be an emergency quilting bee to make them a wedding quilt tomorrow at the Torger's house, but only certain families are being asked to come.
- The old-time quilting bee is well remembered, although most quilts were actually solo products.
- I've been so busy being investigated, preparing for this lynch bee starting tomorrow that I hadn't had an opportunity to…
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.