Translation of bee in Spanish:
- 1 (Zoology) to keep beesas busy as a beethey've been as busy as bees, getting the dinner readycriar abejasdedicarse a la apiculturayou have been a busy little bee, haven't you?han estado atareadísimos, preparando la cenalike bees around a honey pot [colloquial]¡cómo has trabajado!to have a bee in one's bonnet about something [colloquial]como moscas en la mielto think one is the bee's knees [colloquial]tener monomanía con algotener algo metido entre ceja y cejacreerse lo máximo or el no va más [colloquial]Example sentences
- Even accounting for native bee pollinators, honeybees still do most of the pollinating of fruits and vegetables in your garden.
- As with any type of wasp, bee, or yellow jacket, please exercise care to avoid getting stung!
- Of all the types of bees, honeybees have several advantages as pollinators.
- It's an example of self-organizing cooperative behavior, and it's found among ants, bees, and other social insects.
- So that touching and feeling is a shared characteristic between honey bees and stingless bees.
- There are over 30,000 species of bees and in most of them the bees live solitary lives.
- 2 (social gathering)(especially American English)Example sentences
- There will be an emergency quilting bee to make them a wedding quilt tomorrow at the Torger's house, but only certain families are being asked to come.
- The old-time quilting bee is well remembered, although most quilts were actually solo products.
- I've been so busy being investigated, preparing for this lynch bee starting tomorrow that I hadn't had an opportunity to…
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to