- 1.1 countable/numerable beech (tree) haya (feminine)‡More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (wood) haya (feminine)‡
More example sentences
- Suppose you are like me and cannot tell an elm tree from a beech tree.
- Nestled amid those trails and orange red maples, oaks, beeches and birches was the Lost River.
- Oaks, sycamores and beeches dotted well-tended lawns bordered by tarmacked paths and signposted at every junction.
- It looks like the leg of a very large beechwood coffee table.
- There are 72 in all, with big beechwood bedheads and furniture, white-tiled bathrooms and flowers everywhere (annual bill £34,000).
- Now she walked over to that chair and stroked her fingers across the top of its beechwood frame.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)