Translation of beech in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable beech (tree) haya (feminine)‡Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (wood) haya (feminine)‡
- Suppose you are like me and cannot tell an elm tree from a beech tree.
- Nestled amid those trails and orange red maples, oaks, beeches and birches was the Lost River.
- Oaks, sycamores and beeches dotted well-tended lawns bordered by tarmacked paths and signposted at every junction.
- It looks like the leg of a very large beechwood coffee table.
- There are 72 in all, with big beechwood bedheads and furniture, white-tiled bathrooms and flowers everywhere (annual bill £34,000).
- Now she walked over to that chair and stroked her fingers across the top of its beechwood frame.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.