Translation of beef in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (meat)carne (feminine) de vaca or (Central America) (Mexico) de res(before noun) beef extract beef olives (British English)Example sentences
- Tuck into steak, roast beef, venison and other red meat at least three times a week
- I have to say that the roast rib eye of beef in wholemeal bread was superb.
- Visitors can barbecue food ranging from beef, pork to potato and fish.
- 2 (Agriculture) 2.1 uncountable (beef cattle)ganado (masculine) vacuno/bovinoExample sentences2.2 countable
plural beevesPronunciation: /biːvz/(animal) (American English)cabeza (feminine) de ganado vacuno/bovino
- ‘Get in those saddles and let's get these beeves movin’!’
- Forage beef thus encompasses at least half of the potential market.
- We have a neighbor who raises grass fed beef and pastured poultry.
- 3 uncountable (strength) [colloquial] to put some beef into somethingdarle duro a algo [colloquial]Example sentences
- We definitely need more beef up front.
- The tank size is OK, but you need more beef.
- Yes, I know their defense looked good most of the season and Simon was good addition, I just feel they still need more beef up the middle and Wright is, I think, an active playmaker who can stuff the run.
- 4 countableplural beefs(complaint) [colloquial] so what's your beef?¿qué motivo de queja or qué problema tienes?Example sentences
- Here's another one of my beefs with judges - and this is the complaint that lawyers oftentimes get - that we file frivolous lawsuits.
- I do not want beefs and gripes - I need genuine areas of difficulty which are causing work life imbalance.
- They began taking their beefs to the media.
- [colloquial]to beef (
aboutsomething)refunfuñar ( poralgo) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Because of that he still felt like beefing about something
- As I tell my students when they beef about my tests: Life isn't multiple choice, True-False or an Essay question; more often than not it's short answer--and your grade is based on your understanding of the context of the question.
- They beef about record-level deficits.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.