Translation of beggar in Spanish:
- 1 beggars can't be choosersa veces no se está en situación de exigir nadaExample sentences
- How many times have you been asked in the street for some money from a seemingly homeless person or a beggar?
- ‘One of your beggars asked me for money for a cup of coffee,’ he said.
- I do voluntary work, am a Christian, invariably give money to beggars and try to spread a little happiness as I go by.
- 2 (fellow) (British) [colloquial]he's a silly/conceited beggares un tonto/creídoyou lucky beggar!¡qué potra tienes! [colloquial]¡qué suertudo eres! (Latin America) [colloquial]the little beggar's hidden my slippersel muy pillo me ha escondido las pantuflas [colloquial]Example sentences
- The cool million generally goes to some lucky beggar down south.
- The poor beggar's badly burned body was supposed to be in the coffin awaiting collection.
- Indeed, the poor beggars attending the meeting in April would have witnessed Lee's wholehearted endorsement of his chief executive's vision.
- (stronger) pauperizar(family/person)to beggar belief
arruinarser difícil de creerto beggar descriptionser indescriptibleExample sentences
- Now if it could be shown that beggaring rich people inevitably enriches poor people there might be something to say for a crusade against inequality.
- Those of the left claimed that naive women were seduced into becoming avaricious consumers, beggaring their families.
- That would stop the competition gaining market share by beggaring your own people.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.