Translation of behave in Spanish:
- 1 (act)comportarse(esp of children) portarsehe doesn't usually behave so badly/wellnormalmente no se porta tan mal/bienhe has no idea how to behaveno sabe comportarsehe's very badly behavedse porta muy malshe behaved in a suspicious manneractuó de forma sospechosayou behaved very rudely toward himestuviste or fuiste muy grosero con élExample sentences
- I think of him as a friend, and he has always behaved like a gentleman whenever I see him.
- And you can tell a lot about a woman by how she behaves towards her nanny.
- The club claims that the man behaved violently towards a Union officer who was collecting entrance fees and had to be restrained by security staff on hand.
- It is only because you have admitted the breach of this order at the earliest opportunity and fortunately you were behaving yourself in that pizza take-away that we are not going to send you to prison.
- ‘People think you should be behaving yourself at 54,’ says Spencer, ‘they think you should have said what you've got to say.’
- He wound his window down and asked, ‘Are you behaving yourself?’
- 2 (be good)(child/animal)will you behave!
comportarse¡pórtate bien!their children know how to behave
¡haz el favor de comportarte!sus hijos se portan muy bien or saben comportarselet's hope the weather behavesesperemos que no nos falle el tiempo
- 3 (function) (+ adverb complement) the car behaves well in the snowel coche responde bien en la nieveto behave
assomethingfuncionar comoalgoExample sentences
- Some thought that water waves behaved differently from acoustic or other waves, or from pulses along a string.
- Phenomena that we previously thought of as waves can sometimes behave like particles.
- Energy behaves and performs in ways and manners that are different from matter, although there might be some similarities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.