Translation of belch in Spanish:
- 1.1(person)1.2to belch
fromsomethingflames belched from the mouth of the cannonla boca del cañón escupía llamassmoke belched from the windowssalía humo de las ventanasExample sentences
- Situated on the edge of the Black Country and only five miles from Birmingham, smoke still belched from its factory chimneys.
- At its height, flames and a huge pall of smoke belched from the burning building, and showers of embers were scattered into the night sky.
- There they visited a volcano, ‘it was unbelievable’ Pat said to see smoke belching from a mountain.
- he gave/let out a belcheructó
se echó/soltó un eructo [colloquial]Example sentences
- I got used to the sound of her chair scraping across the kitchen floor, of the creaks in the wood as she went down the hallway into bed each evening, even the incredibly loud belches after she finished dinner.
- And then, not long after, this other girl, whom I suspect is in my French class, gives a loud belch.
- Bo let out a loud belch and waved his hand as an excuse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.