- 1.1 (besiege) asediar, sitiarMore example sentences1.2
(beleaguered past p)(harassed) [minister/opponent] atribulado Acme Inc, the beleaguered toy company Acme Inc, el fabricante de juguetes que atraviesa momentos tan difícilesMore example sentences
- Seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them.
- For every useless mouth in a beleaguered place adds to the difficulties of the defenders and facilitates the task of the besiegers.
- The fateful day dawned, and still the city was beleaguered on every side, while within its walls the Aztecs were dying of famine and plague.
- But it isn't just the nuts and bolts of touring in support of a new album that can be so beleaguering: sometimes it's the talking about it on the phone with strangers.
- Even a nun from a local convent declined the opportunity to voice support for her beleaguered religious superior.
- Other gifts have been received from far and wide, with heartfelt messages of support for the beleaguered farming community.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...