Translation of belief in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (conviction, opinion) contrary to popular beliefcontrariamente a lo que comúnmente se cree or a la opinión generalizadato the best of my beliefque yo sepait is my belief that he lied to us [formal]
a mi leal saber y entendercreo que nos mintióshe acted in the belief that …actuó convencida de que or en la creencia de que …their attitude irritated me beyond beliefsu actitud me irritó increíblemente or sobremaneraExample sentences
- I do not suffer fools gladly and I have been known to be opinionated and defend my beliefs strongly.
- Human beings are worthy of the highest respect, but not all opinions and beliefs are worthy of respect and tolerance.
- Language can be used to distort our beliefs and opinion of an individual.
- As it's quite a religious belief, many people don't believe there is an Afterlife.
- It invoked religious beliefs not only to understand different histories but also to change it.
- I wanted to learn more about the traditional core beliefs of Japanese religious life.
- 2 uncountable (confidence)belief
insomebody/somethingconfianza (feminine)worthy of belief [formal] enalguien/algo
enalguien/algodigno de créditoExample sentences
- In times of stress or pain many of us derive comfort from a strong and deep-rooted belief in our faith.
- What the team is short of most of all is self confidence and belief in their own ability.
- My strength is my confidence and belief in my ability, and the manner in which I back myself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.