Translation of believe in Spanish:
creer(person)do you believe her?
creerle a¿tú le crees?I don't believe a word she saysno le creo ni una palabraI don't believe she's capable of that
no (me) creo ni una palabra de lo que diceno la creo capaz de esoI'd never have believed it of herjamás lo hubiera creído de ellabelieve it or notaunque no lo creasyou're crazy to believe what she tells you
aunque parezca mentiraestás loco si te crees lo que te cuentaI could hardly believe my ears/eyesapenas podía creer lo que oía/veíadon't you believe it! [colloquial]
no daba crédito a mis oídos/mis ojos¡créetelo! [colloquial] [ironic]would you believe it! [colloquial]¡habráse visto!I don't believe it!
¡será posible!¡no puedo creerlo!believe you me! [colloquial]¡te lo juro!I believe you, though thousands wouldn't (British)(yo) te creo, porque eres túyou'd better believe it! (esp US)¡como lo oyes!you won't believe what happened/who I've just seen¡no te imaginas lo que pasó/a quién acabo de ver!to make believe (that)hacer de cuenta queExample sentences
- How many of you, as kids, read these insane stories and believed them to be true?
- Twelve months ago, the Worralls were looking forward to Christmas, believing Rose's condition was in remission.
- The trust believes these measures will prevent similar problems in the future.
- Many local people believed him when he spoke of the right or wrong siting of houses or tombs.
- Although the City didn't quite think that was true, they were inclined to believe him.
- One of those who manage to escape sees the bodies of 3,000 people but no one believes him.
- It looks pretty bad for him, Mrs. Donovan, said Diana, but even so I cant believe it of him eitherI wont believe it.
- I couldn't believe it of him because he had behaved so normally at home.
- 2 (think) I believe so/notcreo que sí/noI believe he's changed his mind
tengo entendido que sí/nocreo que ha cambiado de ideato believe somebody/something to +
infinitive(often passive) the police believe him to be dangerous/to have crossed the borderla policía cree que es peligroso/que ha cruzado la fronterait was believed to be harmlessse creía que era inofensivo
se lo tenía por inofensivoExample sentences
- I have a hard time believing that my opinion would change regardless of who did the work though.
- He believes that moving to Rochdale Infirmary will add to the already difficult parking problems.
- It is believed that with one man already convicted of the bombing, there are no grounds to reopen the inquiries.
- 1 (Religion) to believe
insomething/somebodycreerto believe in God/reincarnation enalgo/alguiencreer en Dios/en la reencarnaciónExample sentences
- Was it lifted up whole and intact to heaven, as the Catholic faith believes?
- Obviously, he does not see the point of religion as the believer does, since for the believer seeing the point of religion is believing.
- God asks us to overcome what we cannot see, take a leap of faith and believe and trust in him.
- 2 (have confidence)to believe
insomethingcreerI don't believe in medicine enalgo
enalgono tengo fe or no creo en la medicina
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.