- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] creyente (masculine and feminine)More example sentences1.2believer
- The site helps believers reflect on religious faith in thought and in practice.
- For Christians, and perhaps other religious believers as well, God is a person.
- This argument is applicable to the believers of every religion.
insth partidario, (masculine, feminine) dealgo she's a great believer in being frank with people es muy partidaria de ser franca con la genteMore example sentences
- Will is a great believer in the power of effective business communication but understands just how terrifying speaking in public can be for most people.
- Ian Searle is a true believer in the effectiveness of cloud seeding.
- I'm a big believer in using the fullest effective range of motion, but not at the expense of continuous tension.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.