Translation of Belisha beacon in Spanish:
- (in UK)(señal luminosa intermitente en un cruce peatonal)Example sentences
- However at 16% of pedestrian crossings at least one of the Belisha beacons was not operating.
- By 1951 the black and white stripes, with Belisha beacons on either side of the road, were approved as ‘Zebra’ crossings; the first officially installed in Slough.
- When the village school was built in the 19th century all was quiet, but by 1955 it was getting busier - there are Belisha beacons across School Lane.
Definition of Belisha beacon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.