Translation of belly in Spanish:
noun plural bellies
- 1 (of person)vientre (masculine)he's got a bit of a belly [colloquial]
barriga (feminine) [colloquial]
panza (feminine) [colloquial]
tripa (feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]
guata (feminine) (Andes) [colloquial]es un poco barrigón or panzón or (Andes) guatón [colloquial]to do a belly flopdarse un planchazo or un panzazo or (Andes) un guatazo [colloquial]Example sentences
- Now he puts the light sounds with something else remembered, with primrose, with laughter, and down through him a prickle runs and it seems to stop in his belly, below him.
- Our little girl was wriggling around trying to get comfy while the sonographer bounced the ultrasound stick on my belly to try and get her to shift to a good position so we could see all four chambers of her heart.
- He held his breath and swung his arms out, but a fist buried itself in his belly, emptying his lungs, and when he sucked in air, he knew he was in terrible trouble.
- Our bird had a brown belly, however, and I turned the page to Common Yellowthroat.
- But the wily Ulysses had tied his men under the bellies of the animals.
- The ventral or under side of the animal including the belly, is lighter in color than the dorsal or top side. They can have prominent hip stripes.
- 2 (of stringed instrument)tabla (feminine) armónica or de armoníaExample sentences
- The lira type had a broad pear shape, with a wooden belly and usually three strings.
- On the cello the distance from the top nut to the top edge of the belly is 28 cm, from the edge of the belly to the bridge 40 - 42 cm.
- The bridge must be made of the proper grade of maple, properly cut with regard to the grain of the wood, and perfectly fitted to the belly of the cello.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.