Translation of below in Spanish:
- 2 (inferior, junior to)all employees below executive levelpor debajo detodos los empleados por debajo del nivel ejecutivo
- 3 (less than)below averagepor debajo deinterest rates are back below 10%inferior a or por debajo de la mediaif you earn below £8,000 a yearlos tipos de interés vuelven a estar por debajo del 10%below zerosi ganas menos de 8.000 libras al añoif the temperature falls below 20°Cbajo cerobelow standardsi la temperatura desciende por debajo de 20°Cpor debajo del nivel exigido
- 1 1.1 (underneath) put it on the shelf belowthe people in the apartment belowponlo en el estante de abajodown below we could see …la gente del apartamento de abajoseen from belowabajo veíamos …1.2 (Nautical) to go belowvisto desde abajoExample sentences1.3 (on earth) [literary]
here belowen la tierraaquí en la tierraExample sentences
- The wind at the time the captain went below was blowing a fresh breeze from east-north-east, with a heavy sea, which increased to a violent gale; he was, however, not called until 2 o'clock.
- We did not think it very serious so went below again cursing the iceberg for disturbing us.
- I went below to rest, because I would be on watch later.
- It fell a few feet below us, then came zooming back up straight at me.
- So he jumped below and spread the chart of Mag Bay out on the table and yelled soundings and direction to me.
- And one, two three....the young giant leapt into the Sea below.
- 2 (in text)see diagram belowmás abajovéase el diagrama más abajoExample sentences
- Examine the vignettes below and then read the discussion that follows.
- By filling out the form below and then submitting it, you can report any injury or death involving consumer products to us, or report an unsafe product to us.
- You have the option of clicking on the subjects below or simply reading the interview from the beginning.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.