Translation of berry in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- (Botany)(Cookery) (fresas, frambuesas, moras etc)as brown as a berrythey came back from Spain as brown as berriesvolvieron de España negros como el carbón or como un tizónExample sentences
- Add the black peppercorns, juniper berries, thyme, rosemary, sage, lovage, and bay leaf.
- The primary flavoring agent, the one used by all producers is the juniper berry.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mix the berries with the muscovado sugar and lime juice, crush roughly and leave to marinade with the purple basil leaves.
- For the number of flowers, berries and seeds per fruit, ten inflorescences were used, each inflorescence sampling from a different vine or cutting.
- Drupes and berries, the classic fleshy fruits, first appeared in the late Cretaceous or early Tertiary.
- A varied composition provides continuity of food supply for birds and small mammals, with seeds, fruits and berries ripening at different times.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.