n (pl -ries)
- [Bot] baya (f); [Culin] fresas, frambuesas, moras etc as brown as a berry they came back from Spain as brown as berries volvieron de España negros como el carbón or como un tizónMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Add the black peppercorns, juniper berries, thyme, rosemary, sage, lovage, and bay leaf.
- The primary flavoring agent, the one used by all producers is the juniper berry.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mix the berries with the muscovado sugar and lime juice, crush roughly and leave to marinade with the purple basil leaves.
- For the number of flowers, berries and seeds per fruit, ten inflorescences were used, each inflorescence sampling from a different vine or cutting.
- Drupes and berries, the classic fleshy fruits, first appeared in the late Cretaceous or early Tertiary.
- A varied composition provides continuity of food supply for birds and small mammals, with seeds, fruits and berries ripening at different times.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.