Translation of beside in Spanish:
- 1.1 (at the side of)al lado deshe's the one beside me in the photograph
junto aes la que está a mi lado or junto a mí or [criticized usage] al lado mío en la fototo be beside oneselfhe was beside himself with rage she's beside herself with happinessestá que no cabe en sí de la alegríayour mother was absolutely beside herself when you didn't come home
está loca de contenta [colloquial]tu madre estaba preocupadísima al ver que no volvíasExample sentences1.2 (compared with)
al lado debeside her, anyone looks tallal lado de ella or a su lado, cualquiera parece altoExample sentences1.3 (extraneous to) that's beside the point
- There was a small table with a bowl beside his bed and a person sat on a chair overlooking him.
- They sat at one of the better tables up beside the parapet overlooking the courtyard.
- Aiden was kind enough to ask me to sit beside him at the table that he had all to himself.
eso no tiene nada que ver1.4→ besides 1
- But I feel ugly beside Willow and wonder how she can bring herself to look at me, never mind kiss me.
- She is so clever and intelligent, I look at her and think "Wow, I feel stupid beside her".
- They might just feel stupid beside those who are much better than themselves.
eso no viene al caso
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.