Translation of beside in Spanish:
- 1 (at the side of)al lado deshe's the one beside me in the photograph
junto aes la que está a mi lado en la fotoes la que está junto a mí en la fotoes la que está al lado mío en la foto [criticized]to be beside oneselfhe was beside himself with rage she's beside herself with happinessestá que no cabe en sí de la alegríaestá loca de contenta [colloquial]your mother was absolutely beside herself when you didn't come hometu madre estaba preocupadísima al ver que no volvíasExample sentences
- There was a small table with a bowl beside his bed and a person sat on a chair overlooking him.
- They sat at one of the better tables up beside the parapet overlooking the courtyard.
- Aiden was kind enough to ask me to sit beside him at the table that he had all to himself.
- 2 (compared with)al lado debeside her, anyone looks tallal lado de ella or a su lado, cualquiera parece altoExample sentences
- But I feel ugly beside Willow and wonder how she can bring herself to look at me, never mind kiss me.
- She is so clever and intelligent, I look at her and think "Wow, I feel stupid beside her".
- They might just feel stupid beside those who are much better than themselves.
- 4→ besides 1
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.