Translation of betide in Spanish:
- [literary] [archaic]acaecer [literary]Example sentences
- Woe betide the person who doesn't cut back their overhanging vegetation as it severely compromises the safety of tall pedestrians with hats who use a particular footpath to mass.
- But there is an unnerving element to the intensity of his devotion to the cause, as if those teeth glint with a shark-like quality, and woe betide the person who gets in the way of that hurry.
- Armed with an exact list of what is to be bought, off we set, and woe betide the person who wanders in front of us as Mistress P beats a direct path to the chosen store.
- acaecerle a [literary]→ woe 1
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.