Translation of betoken in Spanish:
- [formal] (indicate)denotar
ser signo or indicio de(augur) presagiar
ser augurio deExample sentences
- The reluctance to wave the big stick at employers does not betoken EU indifference.
- The forfeiture occurred March 27, 2002, when, in a private act betokening an uneasy conscience, he signed the McCain-Feingold law expanding government regulation of the timing, quantity and content of political speech.
- If, between the two, an outline faintly emerges of something betokening a system - implied through the press-release fog - then we shall have something to test against and compare with other documented cases affecting films.
- Does this betoken a sea change Irish political tastes since the birth of the tiger?
- Whether this betokens a change in the author's views or merely proves his ability to ride two different horses at once, we cannot tell.
- Nonetheless, they betokened a major transformation in the history of religion and society in America, and my organization was ill-suited to do much other than complain about it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.