Translation of bidding in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (at auction) who'll open the bidding at $1,000?¿quién ofrece 1.000 dólares para empezar?the bidding stands at $950tengo or me ofrecen 950 dólaresbidding was briskla puja estuvo muy animadael remate tuvo un ritmo muy ágil (Latin America)Example sentences1.2 (in bridge)
- Mick offered his services as a dance partner and was a big attraction with the ladies, fetching the highest price of €200 in the bidding.
- Now, if their idea is to only have production companies in the bidding to ensure that the company stays in the business of production, then have criteria that are reasonable.
- Also in the bidding were 3i, but he preferred Bridgepoint's more hands-on philosophy.
- It is best for 5 or 4 players, and features a novel and ingenious method of bidding to choose the trumps and partnerships.
- Once bidding is terminated, all players reveal their two face-down cards.
- The bidding begins with the player to dealer's left and continues clockwise.
- 2 (wish) they had servants to do their biddingtenían criados para lo que se les antojaraExample sentences
- A wealth of ideas issued from his lips, jest and wit and good humour were at his bidding, and his instructional lecture was also the most fascinating entertainment.
- There was no sense of straining to recapture lost magic: it simply appeared, as if at his bidding.
- At her bidding, yesterday's service at Westminster Abbey was set around Faure's Requiem.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.