Translation of biennial in Spanish:
- 1 (every two years)Example sentences
- As a featured artist in the Museum's biennial exhibition this month, he has reason to smile.
- Established in 1998, this biennial exhibition award honors Tremaine, a life-long collector of contemporary art, who formed the foundation prior to her 1987 death.
- While building his huge mansion in New York City, he loaned paintings from his collection to the museum, and in 1907 he provided prize money for the museum's first biennial exhibition.
- 2 (Botany)Example sentences
- Roundup can be used if thistles, Johnsongrass, or other perennial or biennial weeds are present in the small grain stubble.
- Gramoxone should not be used for control of perennial or biennial weeds, legumes, or cool-season grasses.
- Lettuce is an annual or perhaps a biennial herb and as such is by far the most popular edible herb in Ireland.
- 1 (Botany)planta (feminine) bienal or bianualExample sentences
- Plant out hardy biennials such as foxgloves and wallflowers in their flowering positions.
- I supplement them with annuals, biennials, vines, bulbs, and a few flowering shrubs.
- Most people treat them as annuals or biennials, removing plants when flowering declines.
- 2 (event)Example sentences
- The national gymnasts are calling for more overseas tryouts in their training program prior to the biennial sporting event in September.
- While most installations at this year's event are serious explorations of profound themes, the biennial also celebrates unadulterated creativity.
- Thanks to his patronage of events such as the biennial, the city is the cultural capital of this nation made wealthy by oil, shipbuilding and business.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.