Translation of bilge in Spanish:
- 1 [Nautical/Náutica] 1.1 countable/numerable (part of hull) pantoque (masculine)Example sentences1.2
(bilges plural)the bilges la sentina
- We can find it in collection holding tanks, salt water lines, bilges, void spaces, and storage tanks.
- Federal regulations do not address tank installations in bilges of boats, nor must tank materials be tested for corrosion resistance.
- Salt water and wet bilges will expedite the deterioration, although 10-15 years is a reasonable life expectancy.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1bilge (water) agua (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) de pantoque (before noun/delante del nombre) bilge pump bomba (feminine) de achique 2.2 (nonsense) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], paparruchas (feminine plural) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- And I say alas because the stuff aired in the morning is bilge and drivel - I fear the day Gnat is interested in this stuff, because it's incredibly boring.
- I contemplated not responding to this sickening bilge, but I realised your attitudes are most likely based in your lack of coherent thought patterns and an ignorance of history.
- I can't believe there is someone getting around calling himself Reverend espousing such vile bilge.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the