n (plural -lies)
- 1.1billy (goat) macho (masculine) cabríoMore example sentences1.2 (container) (British English/inglés británico) cacerola (feminine), cazo (masculine)
More example sentences
- More mild mannered than full-sized goats, these little billies and nannies have become the latest must-have pets for Christmas.
- It was a young billy, useless for milking, but pretty.
- Some of the younger billies were locking horns in mock fights watched over by the full-bearded patriarch of the herd, a venerable old fellow like something out of the Book of Revelations.
- And he sang as he watched and waited ‘til his billy boiled
- In my memory and imagination, I always associate them with many picnics in many places, boiling the billy in their shade, by beach, river, lake, lagoon or creek.
- By 1.30 we were back at the saddle where Jeanie had the billy boiling, and thus refreshed we bid au revoir to the Matuki and the friendly keas and set off down the valley again.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.