- 1 (for kitchen refuse etc) (British English/inglés británico) cubo (masculine) or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) tacho (masculine) or (Mexico/México) bote (masculine) or (Colombia) caneca (feminine) or (Venezuela) tobo (masculine) de la basura; (wastepaper basket) (British English/inglés británico) papelera (feminine), papelero (masculine), caneca (feminine) (Colombia)(litter bin)papelera (feminine), basurero (masculine) (Chile) (Mexico/México) (Venezuela) , caneca (feminine) (Colombia)More example sentences
- Bin wagons, rubbish bins and boxes are all in line for a major shake-up to smooth the way for kerbside recycling.
- The level of organisation is very impressive, though I'm not sure about the symbolism of the count supervisors using an empty ballot box as a rubbish bin.
- He pointed it out to me and I walked across to the bin and deposited the package of shells.
- 2 (for grain) granero (masculine); (for coal) carbonera (feminine); (for goods in shop) cajón (masculine)More example sentences
- There have also been problems with the brown bin or composting bin service, with a handful of households contaminating it with dead animals and non-recyclable waste.
- We have a worm farm and compost bin, have planted fruit trees and vegetables and plan to plant up an area of natives next week.
- The scheme is designed to encourage residents to take part in council schemes, which include a compost bin offer and nappy laundering services.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-nn-)(British English/inglés británico)
- 1 (discard) tirar a la basura, botar a la basura (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata)
- 2 (reject) rechazar* the whole project was binned el proyecto íntegro fue reachazado
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.