Translation of bin in Spanish:
- 1 (for kitchen refuse etc) (British English/inglés británico) cubo (masculine) or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) tacho (masculine) or (Mexico/México) bote (masculine) or (Colombia) caneca (feminine) or (Venezuela) tobo (masculine) de la basura; (wastepaper basket) (British English/inglés británico) papelera (feminine), papelero (masculine), caneca (feminine) (Colombia)(litter bin)papelera (feminine), basurero (masculine) (Chile) (Mexico/México) (Venezuela) , caneca (feminine) (Colombia)Example sentences
- Bin wagons, rubbish bins and boxes are all in line for a major shake-up to smooth the way for kerbside recycling.
- The level of organisation is very impressive, though I'm not sure about the symbolism of the count supervisors using an empty ballot box as a rubbish bin.
- He pointed it out to me and I walked across to the bin and deposited the package of shells.
- 2 (for grain) granero (masculine); (for coal) carbonera (feminine); (for goods in shop) cajón (masculine)Example sentences
- There have also been problems with the brown bin or composting bin service, with a handful of households contaminating it with dead animals and non-recyclable waste.
- We have a worm farm and compost bin, have planted fruit trees and vegetables and plan to plant up an area of natives next week.
- The scheme is designed to encourage residents to take part in council schemes, which include a compost bin offer and nappy laundering services.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-nn-)(British English/inglés británico)
- 1 (discard) tirar a la basura, botar a la basura (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata)
- 2 (reject) rechazar* the whole project was binned el proyecto íntegro fue reachazado
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...