Translation of bird in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(small) pájaro (masculine)bird's nestnido (masculine) de pájaro/aveher hair is a real bird's nesttiene el pelo hecho una verdadera marañahow did you know? — a little bird told me¿cómo lo sabías? — me lo dijo un pajaritothe bird has flownel pájaro ha voladoa bird in a gilded cageun pájaro en una jaula de cristalthe birds and the beeshe told us about the birds and the beesnos contó de dónde venían los niñosto be (strictly) for the birds [colloquial]no valer nadato do bird (British English) [slang]estar a la sombra [colloquial]to eat like a bird to give somebody the bird [colloquial]
estar en cana or (Spain) en la trena or (Mexico) en el tambo [slang](boo) abuchear a alguien(in a relationship) dejar a alguiento kill two birds with one stone birds of a feather flock together
mandar a alguien a freír espárragos [colloquial]Dios los cría y ellos se juntanthey're birds of a feather a bird in the hand is worth two in the bushmás vale pájaro en mano que ciento volandoit's the early bird that catches the worm 1.2(clay pigeon) (American English)
plato (masculine) de tiroExample sentences
- I am currently using turkey feathers to fletch with, after spending half a day on a commercial turkey farm plucking wing feathers as the birds went into the slaughter house.
- With a three-foot wingspan and two long, streaming tail feathers, these birds are easy to recognize.
- Such cases of female competition and aggression have been noted in many birds and other vertebrates.
- 2 2.1 (person) he's rather an odd bird you're a rare bird around here these days!¡no se te ve el pelo a menudo por aquí últimamente! [colloquial]2.2(woman) (British English) [slang]
gachís (feminine) (Spain) [slang]
piba (feminine) (River Plate area) [colloquial]
vieja (feminine) (Colombia) (Mexico) [colloquial]
cabra (feminine) (Chile) [colloquial]Example sentences
- To quote the old bird herself, we are not amused.
- It seems there's still life left in the old bird after all.
- If you flipped through the channels fast enough, it looked like the old bird had finally made up with Diana.
- The other point is that men want to feel that the women they go out with mirror them - and we all want to prove that we can pull a younger bird.
- I had a friend who worked abroad minus his wife and ran off with a younger bird.
- A fit bird means a girl who is pretty good looking or tasty!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.