Translation of bird in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(small)bird's nesther hair is a real bird's nestnido (masculine) de pájaro/avehow did you know? — a little bird told metiene el pelo hecho una verdadera marañathe bird has flown¿cómo lo sabías? — me lo dijo un pajaritoa bird in a gilded cageel pájaro ha voladothe birds and the beeshe told us about the birds and the beesun pájaro en una jaula de cristalto be (strictly) for the birds [colloquial]nos contó de dónde venían los niñosto do bird (British English) [slang]no valer nadato eat like a bird to give somebody the bird [colloquial]estar a la sombra [colloquial]estar en cana or (Spain) en la trena or (Mexico) en el tambo [slang](boo)abuchear a alguien(in a relationship)to kill two birds with one stone birds of a feather flock togetherdejar a alguienmandar a alguien a freír espárragos [colloquial]they're birds of a feather a bird in the hand is worth two in the bushDios los cría y ellos se juntanit's the early bird that catches the worm 1.2más vale pájaro en mano que ciento volando(clay pigeon) (American English)plato (masculine) de tiroExample sentences
- I am currently using turkey feathers to fletch with, after spending half a day on a commercial turkey farm plucking wing feathers as the birds went into the slaughter house.
- With a three-foot wingspan and two long, streaming tail feathers, these birds are easy to recognize.
- Such cases of female competition and aggression have been noted in many birds and other vertebrates.
- 2 2.1 (person) See examples: he's rather an odd bird you're a rare bird around here these days!2.2¡no se te ve el pelo a menudo por aquí últimamente! [colloquial](woman) (British English) [slang]gachís (feminine) (Spain) [slang]piba (feminine) (River Plate area) [colloquial]Example sentences
- To quote the old bird herself, we are not amused.
- It seems there's still life left in the old bird after all.
- If you flipped through the channels fast enough, it looked like the old bird had finally made up with Diana.
- The other point is that men want to feel that the women they go out with mirror them - and we all want to prove that we can pull a younger bird.
- I had a friend who worked abroad minus his wife and ran off with a younger bird.
- A fit bird means a girl who is pretty good looking or tasty!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.