- (of person) cumpleaños (masculine); (of institution etc) aniversario (masculine) we have the same birthday cumplimos años el mismo día what do you want for your birthday? ¿qué quieres para tu cumpleaños? happy birthday! ¡feliz cumpleaños! the association celebrates its 30th birthday this year la asociación celebra su 30o aniversario este año (before noun/delante del nombre) [cake/card/party/present] de cumpleaños the birthday boy/girl el (niño)/la (niña) del cumpleaños, el cumpleañero/la cumpleañera (Latin America/América Latina)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Family and friends gathered around a huge birthday cake singing Happy Birthday.
- Steve has made this cake on his birthday for his colleagues with an overwhelming positive response.
- On our birthdays we have a cake and smiley-face stickers.
- Meanwhile, this Saturday is open day at the Hunt as the museum celebrates its seventh birthday.
- The Big Issue in Scotland will also celebrate its seventh birthday on 29 June.
- Google, celebrating its seventh birthday today, has revamped its video search service.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.