Translation of birthday in Spanish:
- (of person)(of institution etc)we have the same birthdaywhat do you want for your birthday?cumplimos años el mismo díahappy birthday! the association celebrates its 30th birthday this year¿qué quieres para tu cumpleaños?la asociación celebra su 30o aniversario este año(before noun) (cake/card/party/present)the birthday boy/girlde cumpleañosel (niño)/la (niña) del cumpleañosel cumpleañero/la cumpleañera (Latin America)Example sentences
- Family and friends gathered around a huge birthday cake singing Happy Birthday.
- Steve has made this cake on his birthday for his colleagues with an overwhelming positive response.
- On our birthdays we have a cake and smiley-face stickers.
- Meanwhile, this Saturday is open day at the Hunt as the museum celebrates its seventh birthday.
- The Big Issue in Scotland will also celebrate its seventh birthday on 29 June.
- Google, celebrating its seventh birthday today, has revamped its video search service.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.