- (of person) cumpleaños (masculine); (of institution etc) aniversario (masculine) we have the same birthday cumplimos años el mismo día what do you want for your birthday? ¿qué quieres para tu cumpleaños? happy birthday! ¡feliz cumpleaños! the association celebrates its 30th birthday this year la asociación celebra su 30o aniversario este año (before noun/delante del nombre) [cake/card/party/present] de cumpleaños the birthday boy/girl el (niño)/la (niña) del cumpleaños, el cumpleañero/la cumpleañera (Latin America/América Latina)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Family and friends gathered around a huge birthday cake singing Happy Birthday.
- Steve has made this cake on his birthday for his colleagues with an overwhelming positive response.
- On our birthdays we have a cake and smiley-face stickers.
- Meanwhile, this Saturday is open day at the Hunt as the museum celebrates its seventh birthday.
- The Big Issue in Scotland will also celebrate its seventh birthday on 29 June.
- Google, celebrating its seventh birthday today, has revamped its video search service.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.