Translation of birthday in Spanish:
- (of person)(of institution etc) aniversario (masculine)we have the same birthdaycumplimos años el mismo díawhat do you want for your birthday?¿qué quieres para tu cumpleaños?happy birthday! the association celebrates its 30th birthday this yearla asociación celebra su 30o aniversario este año(before noun) (cake/card/party/present)the birthday boy/girl
de cumpleañosel (niño)/la (niña) del cumpleaños
el cumpleañero/la cumpleañera (Latin America)Example sentences
- Family and friends gathered around a huge birthday cake singing Happy Birthday.
- Steve has made this cake on his birthday for his colleagues with an overwhelming positive response.
- On our birthdays we have a cake and smiley-face stickers.
- Meanwhile, this Saturday is open day at the Hunt as the museum celebrates its seventh birthday.
- The Big Issue in Scotland will also celebrate its seventh birthday on 29 June.
- Google, celebrating its seventh birthday today, has revamped its video search service.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.