- (of person) cumpleaños (m); (of institution etc) aniversario (m) we have the same birthday cumplimos años el mismo día what do you want for your birthday? ¿qué quieres para tu cumpleaños? happy birthday! ¡feliz cumpleaños! the association celebrates its 30th birthday this year la asociación celebra su 30o aniversario este año (before n) [cake/card/party/present] de cumpleaños the birthday boy/girl el (niño)/la (niña) del cumpleaños, el cumpleañero/la cumpleañera (AmL)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Family and friends gathered around a huge birthday cake singing Happy Birthday.
- Steve has made this cake on his birthday for his colleagues with an overwhelming positive response.
- On our birthdays we have a cake and smiley-face stickers.
- Meanwhile, this Saturday is open day at the Hunt as the museum celebrates its seventh birthday.
- The Big Issue in Scotland will also celebrate its seventh birthday on 29 June.
- Google, celebrating its seventh birthday today, has revamped its video search service.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.