Translation of birthplace in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of person) lugar (masculine) de nacimientoExample sentences1.2 (of movement, fashion, idea) cuna (feminine)
- Each chapter illuminates a different area of the city and includes facts on birthplaces, burial places, sites with a literary connection, restaurants and pubs, literary museum exhibits, etc.
- The town represents the birthplace and final resting place of the the regiment's founder, Brigadier Luke Lillingston.
- By then, a third commemorative plaque will have also been put in place on his birthplace in Norwood Road.
- However, the balance of power could well shift full circle to Asia, the original birthplace of the game.
- Soon the gene banks in Mexico, birthplace of the original corn varieties, may also be contaminated.
- It does nothing to burnish the city's proud heritage as the birthplace of American freedoms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to