Translation of biscuit in Spanish:
- 1 countable (Cookery) 1.1 (American English)Example sentences1.2 (British English) (cookie, cracker)
galletita (feminine) (River Plate area)to take the biscuit (British English) [colloquial]ser el colmo or el acabóse [colloquial]I thought she was lazy, but you take the biscuit!¡yo pensaba que ella era vaga pero tú te llevas la palma!Example sentences1.3 (for dog)
- Self-rising flour and cake and biscuit mixes have decreased the demand for baking soda as an important baking ingredient.
- Still, a tradition is a tradition, so I'll be picking up a three-piece w / biscuit from the Turnpike rest stop Roy Rogers on my way home.
- We all had eggs, bacon, potatoes, biscuit, and coffee.
- The boiling and frying technique remained in use in the Middle Ages for making cracknels, which were small, crisp, sweet biscuits.
- Instead of high-fat foods like chocolate, biscuits, cakes and crisps, try healthier alternatives such as fresh fruit, crusty bread or crackers.
- The Salvation Army says it would welcome any food that would keep, such as chocolates, sweets, biscuits, mince pies and selection boxes.
- 2 uncountable (porcelain, earthenware)Example sentences
- She says that at present, students are able to learn, experiment and practice with the preparation of clay and hand-making techniques for biscuit and glaze firing.
- At first his slip painting on biscuit porcelain simply peeled off.
- This biscuit porcelain example, with its marbled black surround bearing its identifying label, came from the collection of a German princely family.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.