Translation of bishop in Spanish:
- 1 (in the Christian church)Example sentences
- The spiritual peerage consists of the archbishops and diocesan bishops of the Church of England.
- The brothers' father was also an Anglican bishop of Low Church or Evangelical faith.
- The understanding of the role of the bishop in a diocese involves seeing the bishop as representing Jesus Christ among the priests and people of his diocese.
- 2 (in chess)Example sentences
- Every chess bishop moves on a diagonal, and none of those on black squares ever move to white squares (in the same game).
- Black simply sacrifices one of the bishops for White's remaining pawn.
- But this resulted in the immediate loss of a piece as Adams took a pawn with his bishop attacking the black queen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.