Translation of biting in Spanish:
- 1.1Example sentences1.2
- The winner was a five-and-a-half pound cod while hundreds of anglers caught nothing more than a cold, fighting off biting wind, rain and huge waves.
- Through rain, through wind, through biting cold, he ran as if his life depended on it, and it may very well have.
- With the very cold biting wind on their backs and also the advantage of having the pitch incline in their favour, Carlow put on early pressure on the Wexford back line.
- He began his speech with a biting criticism of corporate crime and introduced his Twelve-Step Congressional Candidate Pledge.
- You have a biting wit and intense powers of observation.
- It requires a biting wit and an ability to make fun of people even if they're being earnest, but especially if they're merely pretending to be earnest.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.