Translation of bitterness in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of taste)Example sentences1.2 (of weather)
- A beer in which neither the sweetness of the malt nor the bitterness of the hops predominates.
- The Chaudron Ale Quebecoise is a clear straw color with a very light pale malt flavor with pronounced hop bitterness.
- However, supertasters may also snub vegetables, such as broccoli and cauliflower, because they can detect a slight bitterness in their flavor as well.
- 2 2.1 (of disappointment, defeat) 2.2 (of person, state of mind)Example sentences2.3 (of hatred)
lo implacable(of struggle) lo enconado
- Meanwhile the weavers' strike still continued in all its bitterness.
- That night of July 18, 1914, the immortal Darcy seemed to feel the bitterness of defeat less than his supporters did.
- Me, I'd be curled up in a fetal position in bed, railing against the bitterness of life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.