- 1 1.1 (of taste) amargor (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (of weather) inclemencia (f), dureza (f)
- A beer in which neither the sweetness of the malt nor the bitterness of the hops predominates.
- The Chaudron Ale Quebecoise is a clear straw color with a very light pale malt flavor with pronounced hop bitterness.
- However, supertasters may also snub vegetables, such as broccoli and cauliflower, because they can detect a slight bitterness in their flavor as well.
- 2 2.1 (of disappointment, defeat) amargura (feminine) 2.2 (of person, state of mind) amargura (f), resentimiento (m)More example sentences2.3 (of hatred) lo implacable; (of struggle) lo enconado
- Meanwhile the weavers' strike still continued in all its bitterness.
- That night of July 18, 1914, the immortal Darcy seemed to feel the bitterness of defeat less than his supporters did.
- Me, I'd be curled up in a fetal position in bed, railing against the bitterness of life.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.