Translation of black body in Spanish:
- (Physics)cuerpo (masculine) negroExample sentences
- A black body is one that perfectly absorbs all the radiation falling on it and then re-emits all of that radiation.
- In 1908 Einstein became a lecturer at the University of Bern after submitting his habilitation thesis which followed from the energy distribution law of black bodies.
- The Sun radiates approximately as a black body with a temperature of 5800 K, which peaks in the optical region at a wavelength of about 0.6 m.
Definition of black body in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.