- 1 (of pirate) [History/Historia] bandera (feminine) negra, bandera (feminine) pirataMore example sentences
- She is known throughout the Royal Navy as the ‘Black Duke’ and she flies a black flag from her mainmast at all times.
- Could she set sail again and raise her black flag, if only in our dreams?
- The Pacific Northwest is likewise out - too much rain and too many cloudy days make me hoist the black flag and start looking for throats to cut.
- 2 (in sailing, motor racing) bandera (feminine) negra
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.