noun plural -ries
- 1.1 (fruit)Example sentences1.2blackberry (bush)
- Sweet muscadine grapes, blackberries, apples, jujubes and a host of other fruits will be available at these upcoming sales.
- Cantaloupe is a perfect mix with other melons and fruit - kiwi, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, grapes and raspberries, to name a few.
- I was going to wax lyrical about my weekend, walking round the estate picking blackberries, apples and Damsons.
- (only in -ing form) to go blackberryingir a recoger morasExample sentences
- Like him, I too used to go blackberrying in my youth, so that my mother could make vast quantities of jam and pies in those pre-freezer days.
- Today we listened to music in bed with the papers, had a cooked breakfast in bed, played with our new cat friend and went blackberrying in the village.
- The one I'll be making this weekend will contain redcurrants, blackcurrants, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries (I'm going blackberrying when I've finished this!) and peaches.
noun plural -ies
- Blackberry® (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- Against the advice of his lawyers, he appears poised to keep his beloved BlackBerry, a link to the outside world.
- Despite security concerns, he says they'll have to pry his BlackBerry out of his hands.
- Friends kept him apprised of developments by sending e-mail messages to his BlackBerry.
transitive verb -ries, -rying, -ried
- (envíar correo electrónico utilizando Blackberry)Example sentences
- Clearly, they're able to take BlackBerrying to a whole new level.
- And thanks again for BlackBerrying me the Rick Warren questions while I was in the so-called cone of silence.
- Sometimes we're in a meeting talking to each other and BlackBerrying each other at the same time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to