Translation of blackleg in Spanish:
- (British English/inglés británico) [pejorative/peyorativo] (breaker of strike) rompehuelgas (masculine and feminine) [pejorative/peyorativo], esquirol (masculine and feminine) [pejorative/peyorativo], carnero, (masculine, feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]Example sentences
- In response to his letter, I wholeheartedly disagree with his comments about ‘scabs’, ‘non-strikers’ and ‘blacklegs’.
- There was no violence directed against the many blacklegs who drove buses and engaged in other strike-breaking activities.
- The marital crisis coincides with a miners' strike in which the men are forced to live off a pittance while blacklegs take over their jobs.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-gg-)
- (British English/inglés británico) [pejorative/peyorativo] (break a strike) romper* una huelga, esquirolear [pejorative/peyorativo], carnerear (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the