Translation of blackout in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (loss of consciousness) to have a blackouttener or sufrir un desvanecimiento1.2 (failure of memory)pérdida (feminine) temporal de la memoria
laguna (feminine)Example sentences
- Pacemakers are usually used to treat an abnormally slow heartbeat which can cause dizziness, fainting or blackouts.
- Some known dissociative states induced by substance abuse include alcoholic blackouts and substance-induced amnestic disorder.
- The vast majority of what is known about alcohol-induced blackouts is derived from research with hospitalized alcoholics.
- 2 (in wartime)(oscurecimiento de la ciudad para que esta no sea visible desde los aviones enemigos)
- 3 3.1 (power failure) 3.2 (Radio, Television)suspensión (feminine) en la emisiónExample sentences3.3 (embargo) a news blackout
un bloqueo informativo
- The government has imposed a censorship blackout on the media and no journalists are permitted in the war zone.
- They had imposed a strict blackout on media coverage of the coffins returning to Dover, claiming that it is was meant to protect the privacy of the slain soldiers' families.
- Because the government and the media have imposed a blackout on the protest, it is not known how many are still refusing food and water.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.