Translation of blacktop in Spanish:
noununcountable (American English)
- 1.1 (material)Example sentences1.2 (surface) [colloquial]
- It was almost 5 p.m. and the sun, round as an orange, shone directly into my eyes as I drove slowly along the familiar blacktop road to the airport.
- Several years ago, maybe three, I had my driveway and parking area covered with new blacktop.
- As he ran Danny tripped and fell on the blacktop road.
- Driving along the two-lane blacktops and gravel section roads, one sees huge wheat combines churning up clouds of dust.
- A couple of them are very narrow, two-lane blacktops that lead into a main artery.
- The road proved to be a two-lane blacktop with the familiar yellow lines down the middle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.