Translation of blade in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of knife, razor, saw, sword)(of ice skate) cuchilla (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (sword) [literary]
- Lay the clove on a cutting board and smash it with the flat of a knife blade.
- The captured prince screamed and tried to get out of her grasp but she had the sharp blade of a knife pressed against his throat.
- The knife was like a pocket knife, but bigger, the blade was still sharp.
acero (masculine) [literary]Example sentences
- The four wheels and the metal plate on a roller skate are much heavier than the single blade on an ice skate.
- He listened to the blades of Lydie's ice-skates glide across the ice smoothly.
- Young men on blades are willing to do anything - take a puck in the face, throw their bodies into places they don't belong.
- Daggers, blades and scimitars like his looked to be the weapon of preference.
- He sidestepped and took a wild swing at her back, to be met by an arcing sword that struck his blade out of his hand and sent it whirling.
- One look at the sword, a slender blade as smooth as ice, and she felt her mind sliding into soft clouds.
- 2 2.1 (of turbine, propeller)Example sentences2.2 (of bat, oar) 2.3 (of windshield wiper)
- A light aircraft had lost one of its propeller blades and a second blade was badly damaged, a report has revealed.
- The engine and nose bowl have been restored to display condition while propeller blades from another aircraft have been fitted to the hub.
- This device stops the spinning blade within three seconds of release of the handle.
- 3 (Botany) 3.1 (of grass) not a blade of grass will grow thereahí no crece ni una brizna de hierbaExample sentences3.2 (of leaf, petal)
- The natural element could be a leaf, a blade of grass, or a flower.
- Not a leaf, not a blade of grass, stirred in the sultry air.
- It is an exciting moment for me when I see a blade of grass or see a leaf of a tree, and when I listen to birds chattering and to running water in a stream.
- The iliac blade tapers and thins ventrally so that its ventral surface forms a sharp ridge.
- The collar is where the leaf blade visually breaks away from the sheath and the stalk.
- They climb on leaf blades and clip them off, causing the blades to fall unconsumed to the ground.
- 4 (young man) [archaic]gallardo joven (masculine)Example sentences
- They were triumphant and he felt like a dashing young blade in football.
- In the nightclubs of wartime London, young blades trying to impress their girlfriends would turn up sometimes wearing German uniforms.
- I should mention that we young blades came from the north side of the bog, a distance of more than two miles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.