Translation of blade in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of knife, razor, saw, sword)(of ice skate)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (sword) [literary]
- Lay the clove on a cutting board and smash it with the flat of a knife blade.
- The captured prince screamed and tried to get out of her grasp but she had the sharp blade of a knife pressed against his throat.
- The knife was like a pocket knife, but bigger, the blade was still sharp.
- The four wheels and the metal plate on a roller skate are much heavier than the single blade on an ice skate.
- He listened to the blades of Lydie's ice-skates glide across the ice smoothly.
- Young men on blades are willing to do anything - take a puck in the face, throw their bodies into places they don't belong.
- Daggers, blades and scimitars like his looked to be the weapon of preference.
- He sidestepped and took a wild swing at her back, to be met by an arcing sword that struck his blade out of his hand and sent it whirling.
- One look at the sword, a slender blade as smooth as ice, and she felt her mind sliding into soft clouds.
- 2 2.1 (of turbine, propeller) 2.2 (of bat, oar) 2.3 (of windshield wiper)Example sentences
- A light aircraft had lost one of its propeller blades and a second blade was badly damaged, a report has revealed.
- The engine and nose bowl have been restored to display condition while propeller blades from another aircraft have been fitted to the hub.
- This device stops the spinning blade within three seconds of release of the handle.
- 3 (Botany) 3.1 (of grass) not a blade of grass will grow there3.2 (of leaf, petal)ahí no crece ni una brizna de hierbaExample sentences
- The iliac blade tapers and thins ventrally so that its ventral surface forms a sharp ridge.
- The collar is where the leaf blade visually breaks away from the sheath and the stalk.
- They climb on leaf blades and clip them off, causing the blades to fall unconsumed to the ground.
- The natural element could be a leaf, a blade of grass, or a flower.
- Not a leaf, not a blade of grass, stirred in the sultry air.
- It is an exciting moment for me when I see a blade of grass or see a leaf of a tree, and when I listen to birds chattering and to running water in a stream.
- 4 (young man) [archaic]gallardo joven (masculine)Example sentences
- They were triumphant and he felt like a dashing young blade in football.
- In the nightclubs of wartime London, young blades trying to impress their girlfriends would turn up sometimes wearing German uniforms.
- I should mention that we young blades came from the north side of the bog, a distance of more than two miles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than