Translation of blank in Spanish:
- 1.1 (empty)(page/space)(façade)(tape)the screen went blankmy mind went blankse fue la imagen (de la pantalla)see also → blank checkme quedé en blancoExample sentences
- He would roam the streets looking for nice blank surfaces to paint the letter of the day on.
- The blank background beautifully reflects the tonal differences, conjuring up the stark light of the Mediterranean and the murky tones of America.
- In both photographs the inanimate face is shown in three-quarter profile facing right against a blank background.
Example sentences1.2 (lifeless) See examples: a blank expression
- The police brought him in, gave him a blank sheet to write down what he did the day before, and then released him.
- I start with a blank sheet of paper and I just write a sentence.
- The four-page statement was printed on blank paper.
1.3 (uncomprehending) See examples: he responded with blank silenceun rostro carente de expresiónhe stared at me in blank amazementpor toda respuesta calló, perplejo1.4 (uncompromising)me miró perplejoExample sentences1.5 (Military)
- It turned out that the tape was blank and had not been used to record the conversation.
- I record my favourite songs onto blank tapes to play in the car and I normally do them by mood or genre.
- He caught up with me later in the afternoon and pressed a blank tape into my hand and bashfully asked if I could make him a copy of it.
- I don't believe that could happen today, one of my students sighed in blank refusal of this simple chain of reasoning.
- What's interesting about the posts on the website is this blank refusal to accept the true nature of freedom of speech.
- Those advisers who urged on him an expression of contrition as a way of finding closure met with a blank refusal.
- 1.1 (empty space)fill in the blanksespacio (masculine) en blancocan you guess the word? A, blank, blank, C, Erellene los espacios en blancohe called me a blank idiot¿puedes adivinar la palabra? A, raya, raya, C, Emy mind was a complete blankme llamó idiota de m …1.2 (form)me quedé totalmente en blancoExample sentences1.3 (card)
(naipe en blanco)to draw a blankno obtener ningún resultadono conseguir nadaExample sentences1.4 (uncut key)
- In this country, town governments issue passports, so thieves frequently break into the town hall and steal blanks.
- In addition to controlled storage, prescription blanks are serialized, and the dispersal of all prescription pads and storage destination is documented by pharmacy staff.
- Prescription blanks must not be stored in patient examination rooms.
llave (feminine) ciegaExample sentences1.5 (Military)
- A lens blank is marked to show where the cylinder axis will be.
- Those are the sorts of benefits that can be achieved by utilizing hard turning in place of grinding for a variety of workpieces, ranging from gear blanks to wheel hubs.
- One of the best ways to reduce vulnerabilities is to eliminate public access to key blanks for these systems, lock experts say.
cartucho (masculine) de fogueoExample sentences
- Worthing shaped the blank into a traditional British style and finished the wood with a hand-rubbed oil finish.
- The hydroforming process forms a heated metal blank into a desired shape by means of hydraulic pressure.
- Multidirectional core reduction techniques produced a wide variety of larger reduction flakes that formed blanks for small tools.
- She let the cartridges of blanks drop to the ground and reloaded with live fire.
- The bullets were blanks in our desert, but the situations and attitudes of the soldiers we reported on were as real as they come.
- No one on the firing squad knows whether their gun has a bullet or a blank.
- I'd been accumulating information and photographs, but when it came time to write it I knew I'd have to uncover more to fill in the blanks.
- It had colloquial English phrases and you had to fill in the blanks.
- This is your chance to fill in the blanks on a missive already written, then simply post it off to the public figure in question.
- So while Shakespeare's life is not a total blank, it does contain a lot of empty spaces.
- He said all the drinks at the event had been free and believes their beers may have been spiked because of his total blank about the evening.
- It's just a total blank, as though everyone had forgotten about that bit of the world.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.