Translation of blank in Spanish:
- 1.1 (empty) [page/space] en blanco; [façade] liso; [tape] virgen the screen went blank se fue la imagen (de la pantalla) my mind went blank me quedé en blanco see also blank checkExample sentences
- He would roam the streets looking for nice blank surfaces to paint the letter of the day on.
- The blank background beautifully reflects the tonal differences, conjuring up the stark light of the Mediterranean and the murky tones of America.
- In both photographs the inanimate face is shown in three-quarter profile facing right against a blank background.
Example sentences1.2 (lifeless) a blank expression un rostro carente de expresión 1.3 (uncomprehending) he responded with blank silence por toda respuesta calló, perplejo he stared at me in blank amazement me miró perplejo 1.4 (uncompromising) [refusal/rejection] rotundo, tajante
- The police brought him in, gave him a blank sheet to write down what he did the day before, and then released him.
- I start with a blank sheet of paper and I just write a sentence.
- The four-page statement was printed on blank paper.
Example sentences1.5 [Military/Militar] [ammunition] de fogueo
- It turned out that the tape was blank and had not been used to record the conversation.
- I record my favourite songs onto blank tapes to play in the car and I normally do them by mood or genre.
- He caught up with me later in the afternoon and pressed a blank tape into my hand and bashfully asked if I could make him a copy of it.
- I don't believe that could happen today, one of my students sighed in blank refusal of this simple chain of reasoning.
- What's interesting about the posts on the website is this blank refusal to accept the true nature of freedom of speech.
- Those advisers who urged on him an expression of contrition as a way of finding closure met with a blank refusal.
- 1.1 (empty space) espacio (masculine) en blanco fill in the blanks rellene los espacios en blanco can you guess the word? A, blank, blank, C, E ¿puedes adivinar la palabra? A, raya, raya, C, E he called me a blank idiot me llamó idiota de m … my mind was a complete blank me quedé totalmente en blanco 1.2 (form) impreso (masculine), formulario (masculine) 1.3 (card)[ naipe en blanco ] to draw a blank no obtener* ningún resultado, no conseguir* nada 1.4 (uncut key) llave (feminine) ciega 1.5 [Military/Militar] cartucho (masculine) de fogueo
blank outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento borrar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.