Translation of blanket in Spanish:
- 1.1 (cover) manta (feminine), cobija (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) , frazada (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) to be born on the wrong side of the blanket [euphemistic/eufemístico] [humorous/humorístico] he was born on the wrong side of the blanket es (hijo) ilegítimoExample sentences1.2 (layer) manto (masculine) a blanket of snow un manto de nieve
- Try changing feather pillows, woollen blankets and woollen clothing to cotton or synthetic materials.
- Remove cushions and soft toys, and buy bedding made from synthetic fabric rather than using feather pillows and woollen blankets.
- There are plenty of woollen blankets and fluffy white towels.
- The stars were hidden behind a thick blanket of clouds only revealed in brief patches.
- By the time 5:00 pm came around the sun had gone completely, covered by a thick blanket of clouds.
- The sky was completely covered by a thick blanket of clouds.
- (before noun, no comparative/delante del nombre, sin comparativo) [measure/ban] global they use the word as a blanket term of abuse usan la palabra como insulto indiscriminado their blanket coverage of the championship su exhaustiva cobertura del campeonato blanket cover [Finance] cobertura (feminine) contra todo riesgo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an