Translation of bleak in Spanish:
adjective bleaker, bleakest
- Our UN vehicle travelled along a barren and bleak landscape to reach the town from Sofia.
- The trees are bare, the land is bleak, closed, unproductive and numb, its furrows seemingly incapable of the new life we hope for in the spring.
- The yard and the vast prairie lands were bleak and desolate.
- You get a sense of the scale of the city as you speed down rivers that curve forever, flanked by electrical towers, bleak apartment buildings and factories.
- And it isn't just that so many of its key scenes are set in dark, dreary places: a hellish prison, a bleak factory, the sewers of Paris.
- Amongst these, a flutter of origami birds was the bright spot, alongside a glossy triptych of photos slotting bleak landscape between bleak tower blocks.
gris y deprimenteExample sentences
- Our weather was bleak, and in the US the climate was no better, the gloom reflecting the mood of the nation.
- There are still months of bleak weather stretching out ahead without a glimmer of anything to look forward to, and festive cheer has up and left.
- Why go back to that bleak weather and humdrum British nine to five?
- 3 (miserable, cheerless) he led a bleak existencellevaba una vida sin alegríasExample sentences
- Newspaper reports about the topic also opened her eyes to the bleak situation of the elderly.
- Homeowners in flood-prone areas faced a bleak start to the new year.
- A bleak exposé of the risk came in a remarkably frank report by Jiang protge Zeng Qinghong, head of the party's powerful organization department.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.