Translation of bless in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (past tense of/pasado de blessed past participle of/participio pasado de, blessed) (blest))or [archaic]
- 1.1 (give benediction) bendecir* may the Lord bless you que el Señor te bendiga 1.2 (favor) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva)to be blessed
withsth we have been blessed with good health tenemos la suerte de gozar de buena salud they were blessed with a son Dios los bendijo con un hijo 1.3 (in interjectional phrases/en locuciones de tipo interjección) bless you! (to sb who sneezes) ¡salud! or (Spain/España) ¡Jesús! (expressing gratitude) [colloquial/familiar], muchísimas gracias; (as benediction) (que) Dios te ( or los etc) bendiga he's done all the ironing, bless him! [colloquial/familiar] ha planchado toda la ropa ¡qué tierno! [colloquial/familiar] bless her heart, she's fallen asleep la pobrecita se ha quedado dormida Jane, bless her heart, has offered to put us up la buena de Jane nos ha ofrecido alojamiento bless me/my soul! [colloquial/familiar] ¡válgame Dios! I'll be blessed if I can remember his name [colloquial/familiar] por nada del mundo me puedo acordar de cómo se llamaExample sentences
Example sentences1.4 (consecrate) [wine/bread/marriage] bendecir*
- The Lord blessed Tommy with many special attributes, among them a unique stubbornness, a special form of loving, confident arrogance, a quaint sense of humor and an unconditional love for all.
- The Screening God is one of the most important Gods as he is blessed with the power to see who is worthy of becoming a god, an angel, or thrown back down to earth.
- I didn't know then that you were blessed with such power.
Example sentences1.5 (adore) bendecir* bless the Lord! ¡bendito or alabado sea el Señor!
- Of course, there are always a few kids who have never heard of Crossfire, bless their innocent little souls.
- After the customer paid, Zak said to him, ‘Thanks, and God bless you!’
- ‘God bless you!’ she said, and she waved her flag as they pulled forward through the intersection.
- Against this barren background, James blesses those who endure temptation with the following famous words.
- She led them into battle where they achieved martyrdom and were blessed by Guru Gobind Singh.
- He touched lepers, forgave sinners, blessed the poor and consorted with tax collectors.
- My boyfriend totally accepts God's importance to me and would never prevent me from praying or going to church or doing anything else which blesses God.
- Even they can bless God for the natural delights of this life.
- With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude likeness of God.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the