- 1 1.1 (benediction) bendición (f) 1.2 (approval) aprobación (f), consentimiento (m) the project has the board's blessing el proyecto cuenta con la aprobación de la juntaMore example sentences1.3 (of marriage) bendición (f); (of bread, wine) consagración (f)
More example sentences
- John Paul is one of the Woodfield area candidates taking part in the mayoral event and he will give his blessings to all who support this venture.
- Jones said although her bandmates at Request were sad to see her go, they gave her their blessings and support.
- If you're still sure that you want to make this travel, you'll have all my support and my blessings.
- Gamaliel defined no more than the beginnings and ends of blessings, leaving the prayer leader or individual worshipper to improvise on the set theme.
- God, Allah, the Buddha, or Shiva requires you to offer a sacrifice, a prayer or a blessing.
- It seems as though all those doubts and worries had been transformed into prayers and blessings, which had then been abundantly answered.
- 2 (fortunate thing) bendición (f) (del cielo) a blessing in disguise don't cry, this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise no llores, puede que todo sea para bien or no llores, mira que no hay mal que por bien no venga to be a mixed blessing tener* sus pros y sus contras you should count your blessings deberías dar gracias por lo que tienesMore example sentences
- I DO agree with Roger Perry that we live in a beautiful world and that we have many blessings to be grateful for.
- He and Ronny spoke many times about their desire for people everywhere to have the benefit and the blessings of freedom.
- But the warmth is a blessing and a boon for aching backs after a day of off-road trials.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.