Translation of blitz in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Aviation/Aviación] [Military/Militar] bombardeo (masculine) aéreo the Blitz[ el bombardeo alemán de Londres en 1940-41 ]Example sentences1.2 (intense attack)blitz
- I talk myself out of imagining world war-styled bombing blitzes or trench warfare, and replaced them with images of land mines and machine guns.
- Barracks, garrisons, bivouacs and encampments thus far spared came under a blitz of laser-guided bombs first used in the Gulf War.
- In December 1941 she had stood in the ruins of the Regimental Chapel after it was bombed during the blitz.
onsth this weekend we're going to have a blitz on the garden [colloquial/familiar] este fin de semana vamos a atacar el jardín 1.3 (in US football) carga (feminine) (defensiva)Example sentences
- Mobility is supposed to be the key to success in the modern NFL, because of the blitzes thrown by opposing defenses.
- In a time when blitzes have made quarterbacking a more precarious endeavor than ever, teams that do not possess two accomplished forward passers are at risk.
- Will he be prepared for all the blitzes opposing defensive coordinators will throw at him?
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [city/area] bombardear (desde el aire) 1.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Sport/Deporte] hacerle* una carga (defensiva) a
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.